WARNING! - Long post alert!!
It isn't often, for me at least(!), a card turns out every bit as well as I'd hoped, but I'm really pleased with this one. It helps when the image is so adorable & I just know this Tilda, from the 'You are so special' collection, will turn out to be one of my all time faves!
She's coloured with Distress Inks & the papers are Basic Grey - Bittersweet. I fancied doing a bit of distressing on this one & added some brown lace to add to the vintage feel. The flowers are all from Wild Orchid Crafts, where the current challenge is 'Love is', so I am enterig this there. The swirls are from a Marianne Design Creatable that I cut up.
So there you go! There are several other chalenges i would like to enter her in.
At Papertake Weekly this week, 'Anything Goes'
'Love is in the Air' at Simon Says Stamp
The layout is based on the fab sketch at Friday Sketchers.
I also got a lovely surprise today. The super talented & very kind Tracie, from Tracie's Crafty Creations left me an award & a very nice comment. So big hugs to you & a big Thank You.
The only drawback is, I now have to give you 8 interesting facts about myself. OK, facts I can do, interesting I'm going to struggle with. Anyhow, judge for yourself!!
1. I've always been pretty tall, 5' 11 & a half to be precise now in my bare webs! At primary school I was the tallest pupil in the whole school!
2. Before I had my boys, I used to be pretty good at general knowledge & reached the final of a long obselete TV quiz show, Today's the Day, with my Dad back in the early 90's. I'm still pretty formidable at Trivial Pursuit. At least I think I am - nobody will play me anymore!
3. Despite having a backside the size of a bus, for the past three years I have run the Manchester 10K (Fun Run - there is a contradiction in terms if ever there was one!). I shall be running again in May.
4. In an effort to be the son my Dad never had, I developed a passion for football. For my sins I support Everton FC, where David Moyes is God!!
5. In my day job I am a civil servant. Try making that sound interesting!! I'm a lone parent adviser at the local job centre, which can be very rewarding when you help someone back into work.
6. Outside of work my main hobby is crafting. Nothing else gets look in really, not even housework! I also enjoy reading & going to the cinema, but I generally don't usually make much time for these. Cardmaking has taken over!
7. My husband, Paul is fantastic & pretty tolerant of my crafting addiction. But then I have to put up with his football fanaticism (he supports the Manchester team that play in red & are currently top of the Premiership, I can't bring myself to say their name!), & his avid gaming on the Playstation, X-Box, Wii, I-Pad...etc. Despite this, he is the love of my life & my best friend!
8. Finally, my two beautiful son's, Jack & Ben, are my pride & joy. They are chalk & cheese, but absolutely wonderful. Despite the grey hairs they've given me, they make my heart swell with love & pride everytime I think of them.
Blimey, I can't tell you how long it took me to think of 8 things! Now I have to pass this on to another 8 people. So I'm going to nominate the other 5 terrific ladies on the Crafts 4 Eternity DT, 2 ladies I met at the NEC & were wonderful company & lovely Sandra, who always makes time to leave me lovely comments. There are a ton of other people I could also have chosen, of whom I also think most highly & of whose talent I am in awe.
Blimey, this post has taken me forever. Another fact about me, is I'm an incredibly slow typist!! Anyway, hope I haven't bored anyone too rigid, & everyone who made it this far still has the will to live!
Thanks so much for looking.