Saturday, 19 March 2011

Secret Crafters - Anything but a Card!

Yay!! It's the weekend, at last! Time for another Secret Crafter challenge & this week's takes me well out of my comfort zone. This week we want to see your creations that are

ANYTHING BUT A CARD

I saw a bird house on Camilla's blog a few weeks ago & it reminded me I have long wanted to have a go at one of these myself. Here's what I created.


As far as I'm aware the original idea was in the first edition of Magnolia Ink. Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of that so It took quite a while to work out the logistics & measurements, but in principle, the idea is much easier than it looks!


I used paper from GCD Studios - Ella Blue. I so love that pad! The bird is by Elusive Images & the flowers are from WOC. The sentiment is by Catslife Press.


Not sure why this photo looks so wonky, I took it early this morning & obviously hadn't woken up yet, LOL! IRL it does stand upright properly! I coloured the bird & distressed the papers with Distress Inks and the swirly bits were done with a Marianne design Creatable. Both available at  the Secret Crafter store.


Half of the roof lifts up so I plan to fill this with lots of goodies for my Mum & Dad as an Easter treat! I think I've mentioned before how much they enjoy bird watching in their garden, so I hope they'll like this too.

Have you checked out the fabulous creations of my lovely D-Teamies yet? Time now, to hop on over to the Secret Crafters blog to have a gander!

I am also entering this in the current Wild Orchid Challenge where they want to see you using punches or dies. 

That's it for now though. I'm rather busy this week & I apologise in advance if I don't come calling. I'll catch up with you eventually though. Thanks so much for looking.

Big Hugs,
Andie xx

15 comments:

Curlybear said...

Wow Andie this is brilliant, I love the idea of a bird house filed with lovely things, so perfect for easter, I love the papers too , did you stroke them first before cutting them rofl,

have a great weekend,
Hugs Bridget :0) x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Wow,wow,wow! Beautifully elegant, Andie! Love the lace trim and the swirly bits. Your decoration is perfectly understated - a real gem! Hugs, Lesley

Dena said...

Andie! How beautiful!!! You did a fantastic job on this birdhouse and are making me want to create one!!! LOVE IT!!!!!
I hope you are doing well, I know you are busy like I am, so I will email you a little later on when you catch a breath haha! Can't wait to see all that you are working on!!!!
Kiss the boys for me!
Hugs to you my friend, Dena

Sandra said...

Really fabulous - I like they idea you you filling it with Easter goodies - they'll love it.

Cheryl said...

WOW this is STUNNING,such beautiful details and colours!!! You are so clever to be able to work this out,don't know if i'd have the patience!!
Hugs xx

Helen said...

Wow - this is fabulous Andie! What a great way to package some treats! :0)
Helen x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Super gorgeous Andie. I have the mag but not tried it yet so may do now I've seen your lovely project.

Hugs Jane x

Kelly Green said...

This is really cool! My mom also loves to watch birds, maybe I'll have to come up with one myself for her next gift!!

~Kelly :)

Jackie Thomas said...

This is gorgeous Andie. I adore birdhouses and yours is amazing. Hugs xo Jackie

weewiccababe said...

Hello there stranger, how are you?
this is absolutely stunning missus, and it's immaculately put together - gorgeous
Debz
xx

Melissa M said...

This is beautiful! I am share your gift to your parents will be well received! TFS.

Highland Monkey's said...

That is so lovely.

michele said...

Beautiful Andie :) hope you are having a good week hugs xx

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Stunning Andie, your Mum and Dad will love it and treasure it forever. Love the papers you used, looks very vintage.

Hope you are well.

Hugs,

Jo xxx

elsi67 said...

Gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at WOC ♥