Saturday 22 August 2009

Crafts 4 Eternity Sketch #46 - G for ...


At Crafts 4 Eternity this week, Michele has designed another fabulous sketch you can really get your teeth into! The optional theme for this weeks challenge is to use something beginning with the letter G. I did not think very hard about this & chose G for Girl! Almost everything I used this week was generously gifted to me by my awesomely talented stamping buddy, Dena. She sent me the Sugar Nellie Manga Girl (I just love her!) & the beautiful My Mind's Eye Laundry Line DPs. What you can't see in the photo so well is how shimmery & glittery they are. They're just so lush!! I made the background shape with a Martha Stewart Flourish punch & a corner rounder punch. I can see me getting so much use out of those! The swirls were made with another punch, as is the flower. I added a metallic gold dew drop from Stampeezee to the centre of the flower for extra bling! The border on the DPs was made with a thickish piece of card stock that I screwed up a lot, till it became quite soft & then carefully knotted it. I quite like how it turned out looking a bit leathery. Less keen however, on the doodling I did on it. It looks like I wrote 'S' on it, rather than the scroll effect I was hoping for! The rose ribbon is from my stash & the love locket stamp was sent to me by lovely Dee, aka Sprytebyrd. Hope you now might feel inspired to have a go at the sketch yourself & go & admire the fantastic creations of my fellow DT members, here.
Hope you are having a good weekend. I am hoping to be a better blogger next week as our kitchen is almost finished & my life will not be so chaotic!
Big hugs to you all,
Andie xx


9 comments:

Suzette said...

Love this manga stamp you used. I am learning to draw chibi manga at the moment and will be converting them into stamps as well. I love your colours and colouring well done Andie. I am mad not using my Anyas until now. Enjoy your weekend.

Hugs
Suzette

pinky said...

Wow excellent card Andie, love all the swirls and the knotted ribbon. This little image is next on my wish list!
Pinky

Cheryl said...

Adorable,love the gorgeous colours and DP and as always your colouring is brilliant!!!
Hugs xx

Dena said...

Andie my friend! This is great. I saw the sketch and was a little intimidated, but you did a fantastic job with it! Your Manga looks great!!!! Love it!
I would love to see your new kitchen so you may need to post some pics when it is all done. Hugs to you! Dena

Cheryl said...

Wanted to let you know I have an award on my blog for you!!!
Hugs xx

michele said...

beuatiful Andie love all the detail you have added have a good week hugs mx

jenny said...

Beautiful card Andie, fab layout and gorgeous colours x

Jenny x

Janiel/ janny said...

Andie, What beautiful cards you make. I was just scanning your blog and WOW!!! I am in love with that cute frog card you have below. What wonderful inspiration you have here!!!

Thank you for stopping by my blog today..
hugs janny

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Hi Andie! My previous comment seems to have disappeared into cyberspace ... so I apologise if this is a repeat!!! Love the layering ... the way the image spills over the main image frame. Oooh ... am itching to get my stamps out to try it. Hugs, Andrea xxx