Monday 29 March 2010

C4E - Better Late than Never!


This was supposed to have been ready yesterday, but the execution of my card took a little practice, so I apologise for this being somewhat late! Nonetheless we have another fabulous challenge for you. This week, we would like you to
1. follow the sketch
2. use a brad
3. reverse something


So here is my card. I have to credit Tracey Dutton for the fablous inspiration she provided in this months Craft Stamper magazine. I fell in love with her stunning designs & really wanted to give it a go.

The stamps I have used are all from Lavinia Stamps. There are loads of gorgeous designs. It took me several goes to get the reflection effect right. I used a brayer, but I don't really have the right type. Needless to say I'm so pleased with the effect I've ordered a new one to help me do it properly (& hopefully more easily!) next time.


I blended distress inks into the background to create the moonlight & reflection. Of course, as there is a fairy involved, it is mandatory to add a little glitter to create a bit of 'magic'. But it is hard to see it in the photo.

I hope you like my first attempt at this style of card. Now it's over to you. Come & join in the fun & visit the Crafts 4 Eternity blog to see the fabulous creations of my fellow DT colleagues. My lovely DT team mate, Suzette, is sponsoring this week's challenge with a £10 voucher to spend at her own Crafty Sentiments online store, where she has an wonderful selection of cute & beautiful designs to choose from.

Thanks so much for looking,

Big Hugs,
Andie xx



13 comments:

Jackie Thomas said...

Wow Andie, this is amazing. I think you did a brilliant job creating this illusion. Love it. xo Jackie

Dena said...

ANDIE!!!! WOWIE!!! That moonlight is stunning!!! How did you do that so perfectly! Gorgeous work!!! I'm too much of a chicken to step out of my comfort zone like that! You did a fantastic job on this!!
Hugs, Dena

Kylie said...

This is totally amazing Andie. Lot of effort in this card and well worth it! It's very mystical. And if you think I'm trying this you're nuts!! I applaude you.

Kylie xo

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Andie well done you.
Christine x

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW Andie gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

cats whiskers said...

Oh Sweetie thisis just perfect a wonderful evocative card, I spent over £100 at Lavina Stamps on Saturday, but haven't made one yet I hope my first try turns out as stunning as yours, I am in awe sweetie
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Adrina said...

Wow, it looks stunning to me.
Hugs Adrina

Julie said...

OH Wow - this is so stunning!! I've just been looking at these in the magazine and you have got the technique down to a T!! FAB!! Juliexx

Faye said...

Like it?! I love it!
xxx

Sandra said...

oh my gosh, it's just so gorgeous. I found your blog through the dies to die for blog and I'm so glad I did - it's fabulous, you're so very very talented.

Cheryl said...

OMG Andie this is stunning,you are so very clever and the colours are gorgeous!!! I love it!!
Hugs xx

Michele Spera said...

really nice card:-) I love the reflection of the fairy in the water:-) nice job
XMicheleX

Cynde said...

Andie,A fairy must have guided your hand when you created this beautiful card! I have been trying to find info on Tracey and found you. From U.S. and want to get her stamps and learn her technique. Any info as to help? Please do an on core and show us MORE. Miles of smiles, Cynde