Friday 16 April 2010

Crafts 4 Eternity #29

Fridays is the new day for the Crafts 4 Eternity Challenge, so here is the new sketch & this weeks recipe. This week we want you to
1. Follow the sketch
2. Use fabric
3. Use the colours black & white

I've never coloured an image before, solely in black & white (if you don't include the flower!). I surprised myself with how simple it felt & how pleased I am with the outcome. If I say so myself, it looks better IRL than it does in the photo. I'm feeling inspired now to colour more images like this, or maybe a sepia tone.

There is not much to tell you about this one. The papers are 7 Gypsies & Edwin is coloured with Distress Inks. I'm not just sure when I would ever use this card, so I added a flower rather than a sentiment.


So now you've seen mine, hop on over to Crafts 4 Eternity & let my lovely DT colleagues show you their fabulous creations. They have made some stunning cards.

So the weekend is upon us. Where has the last week gone? I thought I had caught up, but I still feel like I'm not on top of things. I'm on a 2 week training course at work this week, which has been pretty full on, but great fun. I've got another week to go. It was also Jack's birthday on Wednesday. I can't believe my Precious Treasure is seven already! We had to go Lego shopping tonight with his birthday money, so Atlantis Lego rocks right now, LOL!

Anyway, thank you so much for looking.

Big Hugs,
Andie xx


5 comments:

Jackie Thomas said...

wow Andie, this looks awesome. It really looks like a black and white photo. How clever are you! I would love to know how you did this. Give Jack (fab name by the way) a huge birthday hug from me. have a great weekend lovely lady. hugs xo Jackie

Kylie said...

This is stunning Andie. Love how you've coloured this. I see a tutorial coming!! The added touch of the flower and ribbon was perfect. Happy Birthday to Jack.

Kylie xo

michele said...

beautiful card Andie hugs xx

Cheryl said...

WOW Andie this is fabulous and so very striking!!!
Hugs xx

airing cupboard crafts said...

Your card is beautiful I love the effect the monochrome gives x