Tuesday 29 June 2010

Passion For Promarkers - Numbers!

Tuesday once again & we have another fab challenge for you at Passion for Promarkers. It's Denise's turn to through down the gauntlet & she asks that, this week, you include numbers on your card. That may be in the image, your embellishments or design papers. You may have a friend of family member who does not want their age advertising. This would be the perfect opportunity to embarass them, LOL!




To spur you on yet further, the lovely Karen at Sugar Nellie has generously donated this week's fabulous prize!


I have to say, I had a lot of fun with this week's challenge. The numbers thing was not inspiring me at first until I found this DP from Basic Grey - Oh Baby Boy! After that, things came together nicely. I downloaded this Mo Manning image ages ago & this is the first time I have coloured it. I used so many pens I can't possibly list them all, but please contact me if you want to know more. This is not the weather for this image. I was nearly sweating colouring in his jumper!




I did have a bit of a disaster with this however, I decided to distress the image a little to fill the big empty space on the LHS. Let's just say my technique left a lot to be desired & it looked awful. Scissors in hand I bravely set about hacking away, which was fine until I got to the flowers. I got a little stressed at that point & nearly cut the flower pot out altogether!






The rest of the card is quite simple. The circle date stamp from Catslife Press fits the numbers theme well. It was all really well planned & thought through. Actually it was an afterthought to fill the gap, but I'm pleased with how it came out! I hope you'll now check out the superb creations of my fellow PFP D Teamies. They are excelling themselves week on week.


There are a couple of other challenges I'd like to enter my card into.


At Mo's Challenge Blog, 'Anything Goes',


I tried to make my colour scheme fit the challenge at Colour Create as well. I hope the DT will approve!

Thanks so much for looking. Hope everyone is having a great week & has gotten over England's defeat. Come on Andy Murray!!


Big Hugs,

Andie xx


7 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh wonderful adorable card Andie.
luv
Debby

Tracy said...

Gorgeous card Andie, i adore the image you've used and your colouring is fantastic.
Hugs Tracy x

Julie said...

Fantastic card Andie - a wonderful image and your colouring is stunning in every way!! Love the circle sentiment too - love these Cat's Life stamps!! Juliexx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Andie, what a fantastic card. Love the cute image and your colouring is awesome. Great layout too. Hugs, Denise x

michele said...

Gorgeous card Andie! beutiful colouring! hugs xx

Debs said...

Andie he's adorable and so perfectly coloured :-)

fabulous chick :-)

Debs x

Emma said...

An adorable card Andie, the image is so sweet and gorgeous colours.
Hugs Emma x