Saturday 3 December 2011

Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge - Photo Inspiration

It always feels good to make it to the weekend! This one is no exception, not least beacause it's time for another challenge at Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge. It my wonderful D-Teamie, Kate's turn to choose our theme. She wants you to be inspired by a photo this week, which you can find here.


I'm afraid you'll have to indulge me here. I was quite pleased with how this turned out so I took several photos! This is Tilda with Heart-shaped snowball, with Magnolia winter forest & winter scene. I coloured it all with Distress Inks. The papers are MME.

I love this little cutie, she's just adorable. I used silicone glue to 3D to make her stand off the page.


I used Polar White Flower Soft on the snow for a bit of fun & the snowflake is a Marianne Design die.

Now I have to give credit where credit is due. I never set out to case the card on the front of the last Magnolia magazine. But after I finished it I noticed a big similarity. So I should credit Tab with a lot of the inspiration for this card. Her work is just awesome & you should check it out.

I hope you'll now check out the fabulous creations of my fellow D-Teamies at the Secret Crafter's blog.

I also want to enter this card at several challenges this week. At Just Magnolia & hAnglar & sTanglar, 'Anything Goes' with a touch of sparkle. 'Anything Goes' at Simon Says Stamp.

At Stamptacular Sunday, the theme is 'Anything Christmas'.

At Deep Ocean Challenge, they want to see cards inspired by the letter 'C'. Mine is C for Christmas of course!

My this has been a long one today. If you've stuck with me this long, thanks so much for bearinf with me. I'm off to the cinema this morning with the boys. Then I hope to get lots of crafting done later. Hope you all have a great weekend, whatever you are up to.

Thanks so much for looking.
Big Hugs,
Andie xx




11 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

Hi Andie
Stunning colouring with you distress inks and fabulous creation so much to look at could spend all day here :)
Hugs and have a great weekend
Kate xx

Dotty Jo said...

This is simply stunning Andie! Jo x

Unknown said...

A truly beautiful card, I too take inspiration from the Magnolia magazine hon & I thought I recognised it..lol. Its not exactly the same anyway & you have used a different Tilda too. Stunning work x

Céline said...

amazing ! love the strass on trees!
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline Dt member

Berry said...

This is completely stunning Andie love the scene you have created brilliant work hugs Rebekah xx

Tania said...

Beautiful scene you've created.Love how your decorated the trees. Off to have a peak around the rest of your blog.-Cheers

Christina said...

Wowww this is gorgeous Andie!
Hugs Kristel

sara said...

beautiful card fab colouring love the gems on the trees thanks so much for joining us at just magnolia and deep ocean this week
hugs sara x

Nina said...

Ohlala, this is beautiful! Gorgeus with the forest, wonderful colouring and fab papers.

Thanks for joining our "Anything Christmas" challenge at Stamptacular Sunday :)
Hugs, Nina.

Curly said...

This is on cutie patootie fabulous colouring as always ,
Have a lovely rest of the week,
Hugs Bridget :0) x

Linny said...

Beautiful card Andie. I love picture cards. Linda x