Saturday, 25 July 2009

Edwin does Just Magnolia - Tab's Sketch


Hey check me out! I've completed a card for a challenge within 48 hrs of the challenge being posted! I might even be in the first thirty if I am quick. It has been ages since I managed to enter a Just Magnolia challenge, but I just had to have a go at Tab's fab sketch. Or should that be fab Tab's sketch!! Not much to tell about the card. The DPs are Blue Awning by K & Co, & Edwin was coloured with my DIs. No matter how many photos I took I could not get the dew drops on the swirls & in the top right hand corner to show up very well. I really must improve my photography skills! I also used a glitter pen on the lizard thingy. My husband asked what Edwin was wearing round his neck. Just shows how much attention he really pays when I show him my cards! He's been found out!! One of the problems I have with male cards is finding or making appropriate embellishments. DIY ones are irrelevant to the men in my life. My husband does not know one end of a hammer from the other! Though to be fair he did fix the flush on the toilet last week. But that has to go down as his biggest DIY achievement in 8 years of marriage! Anyway I think male cards should automatically come with an embellishment stamp too. I need a little baby lizard to go with this.
Any ideas?!
Please come back tomorrow as I hope to have some big news to share with you!
Hope you are all having a good weekend.
Regards,
Andie xx

4 comments:

Cheryl Joshua said...

WOW Andie,fabulous take on the sketch and love these blue awning papers,they go so well with your image!!! And I would have to say your colouring is just fabulous,it looks amazing!!
Thanks for joining our new challenge blog and hope you have fun.Have a great weekend.
xx

lil-paper-pixie said...

This is fab Hun I love it, can't wait for the news tomorrow.

Hugs

Sarah

Dena said...

Wait what???!!! I can't wait till tomorrow I'm leaving again. What is the news? Can you tell I have NO patience?
I do love this card. I have a hard time with boy embellishments also. I think I always use stars or buttons. The swirls look great! Oh and I do so love the K& Co. papers you used. Such pretty boy colors.
I'm still checking my mail until I leave today. Hugs, Dena

Kim Piggott said...

Wow your card is fabulous!
Love your gorgeous colours and such pretty papers and detail!
So happy that you have joined us at Just Magnolia!
hugs
kim x