Thursday 29 April 2010

Magical Tilda

Just a quickie! I really enjoyed making this card. It's based on the fab sketch at Friday Sketchers this week. This is Simsalabim Tilda. Am I alone in not having any idea what that means? It sounds like a magic spell, like Abracadabra! Whatever, she is totally adorable & quite possibly my favourite from the new collection. But they are all just gorgeous.


This weeks challenge at Just Magnolia is 'Anything Goes', I have been dying to ink up this image since it popped through my letterbox. She is a dream to colour. She's coloured with Distress Inks & the DPs are MME - Ooh La La!
This is a new style of card for me, which fits in with the challenge at Papertake Weekly to Try Something Different. I very rarely decorate the inside either.


There is not much else to say about this. The frame was cut from a Nesties die & the flowers are a mixture from Hobbycraft & Bizzy Becs. I also added glitter to the flowers, her dress & the wand. The ticket was a freebie stamp from Craft Stamper magazine.
There you go then. Not such a quickie after all. I'm watching the Leaders debate at the moment & have gotten a bit sidetracked. When Simon & Garfunkel sing about going to the 'Candidates Debate' in Mrs Robinson, it sounds infinitely better than this! I'm non the wiser about who to vote for next week. I did enjoy Gordon Brown's huge gaff yesterday though!! But I feel so sorry for the lady he bad mouthed. She looked so hurt.
Anyway, this is not a politics forum! Better get crafting! Thanks so much for looking.
Big Hugs,
Andie xx

9 comments:

Jackie Thomas said...

Andie, she's stunning. I love this style of card, your colouring is amazing. have a great weekend. xo hugs Jackie

Mandy said...

Such a beautiful card Andie.

Thank you for joining in with our challenge this week at PTW.

Mandy

Mrs A. said...

What lovely colours you have chosen for this card. Tilda looks realy cute.

Sharon said...

Hi Andie,

What a beautiful card - I love the colouring, gorgeous flowers and the touch of sparkle on Tilda's dress.

Sharon x

Kylie said...

I'm glad you've gone for something different as it looks amazing! You've coloured Tilda up beautifully. Good luck with your voting decisions!

Kylie xo

Faye said...

This is such a beautiful card. I used this sketch too, but yours is way better than what I came up with. I'm quitting now. xxx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute, fabulous card.
luv
Debby

Dena said...

You make me laugh girl! I have no idea what that name means either! I ordered this one long ago and have not seen it yet. Can't wait for it to arrive though because it is sooooo cute!!!
The glitter on her dress is a great touch, of course you know me and glitter, the more the merrier. That ticket is super cute too. Love it Andie!!!
Hugs, Dena

Cheryl said...

This is stunning Andie and so beautifully coloured!!! Love the gorgeous papers and glitter!!
Hugs xx