Sunday 13 September 2009

Crafts 4 Eternity # 49


Crafts 4 Eternity challenge time again! Michele's sketch is really fun. This week we are asking that you add as much or as little embellishment as you wish, wherever you want. Personally I love colouring the image, but then adding embellishment is the best bit as everything you add really gives impact to the card. Creating flowers is such fun as they always look gorgeous. I love really big ones!! Mine are a mixture of bought flowers & punches. I've also used a button, a hat pin, a spacer & dew drop for a bit of fun & to add extra texture. I also curled the petals to add more depth.
Unfortunately, the photo does not show the colours properly. The background pink is really more of a cerise that I stamped with a doodle flourish. It looks more orangey pink in the photo & not as nice. You'll have to take my word or it, it looks better IRL. I rotated the sketch 90 degrees as I felt it fitted the shape of my image better, but then realised after I finished the DP is the wrong way up. But then I guess you wouldn't have noticed had I not said, duh!!
Anyway, hope you are feeling inspired to have a go at this weeks sketch. See it here, along with the fabulous work of the other DT members.
Hope you are having a great weekend. Enjoy the weather while it lasts!
Big Hugs,
Andie xx
Recipe
Stamps: Sugar Nellie Autumn Kit, Inkadinkado
DPs: Cherry Arte from Silly Monkey Crafts
Tools:Distress Inks, EK Success Retro Flower Punches & Swirl Punch
Other: Button & Hat Pin from Crafty Feeling, Spacer from Quixotic Paperie, Dew Drop from Stampeezee. Embroidery thread from stash


13 comments:

lil-paper-pixie said...

Andie this is stunning!!!!! I love everything about this card especially the image & the embellies are fab, fantastic card.

Hugs

Sarah

lil-paper-pixie said...

Oh by the way Passion For Promarkers are having a blog hop with loads of prizes - no need to make a card, you could win 56 promarkers!!!

Hugs

Sarah

pinky said...

Andie this is stunning, just like all your cards, and you have added so many yummy bits! That little image is soo cute. Have a nice day, and we had better check out the pm blog hop, who doesn't need those markers lol
Pinky

Suzette said...

Hi Andy love that stamp and choice of colours is wonderful, enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Hugs
Suzette

Unknown said...

Hi That is just a lovely image your colouring makes it relly stand out well done Christine x

Cheryl said...

So very pretty,such a sweet image......I love it!!! Superb colouring as well!!
Hugs xx

cats whiskers said...

Brilliant card dear, fab colouring great image and perfect layout just love it all
Hugs Jacqui x

Wenche J. said...

I just love everything about this card! The cute stamp, the color combos and the lovely coloring!

Sparkle and Flourish said...

this is just gorgeous. I love that image and your colouring is wonderful. Lovely papers and flowers! Stunning work! hugs Judy xx

michele said...

beautiful card Andie! i love the flower and the perfectly coloured image I'm back online now!! lol !!hugs mx

Dena said...

Hey there, I think this is my fav stamp out of the bunch! she looks particularly fabulous in pink!!!! You did a great job! Hugs, Dena

jenny said...

Beautiful card, such a sweet image x

Jenny x

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card, beautiful work with the image and stunning colours.
luv
Debby