Sunday 1 February 2009

And We're Off!!

After a good start to completing my New Year's resolution, ie to create my own blog, I then failed to follow it up with any kind of content!! Well one month down the line I am actually starting to fill it. I work four days a week & have two little boys who take up the bulk of my time. I tend to colour lots of images while I watch TV, but have of late, not done much in the way of creating anything with them. My favourite stamps are Sugar Nellies & Whiff of Joy. However, I fear it will not be long before those cute little Magnolia's draw me in with those innocent expressions. Watch this space!










One project I have started however, is my family organiser/calendar. The calendar itself is from The Paper Mill. These are my boys, Jack (right) and Ben. Far too cute for their own good, or am I just biased!! I kept the layout simple on this, using Polar Bear Express paisley collection papers. The photo does not pick up the paisley embossing on the blue paper I did with my Cuttlebug, which my wonderful husband, Paul, bought me for Xmas. You have to admit for a man who has next to no interest in crafting that was a great present to have bought. 10/10 for effort & execution there I think.





And here is the man himself starring in February, with me! I am about the most unphotogenic person I know & even with the invention of digital cameras I struggle to get decent photos of myself. Well, they say the camera never lies, but does it have to be quite so honest, lol. Anyway, here is February, done with 7 Gypsies papers. The heart fell off my keyring, & rather than throw it away I knew I would be able to use it one day!










I am still getting used to this posting thing. I am not the most technically minded person, but I am learning as I go. Tomorrow I hope to enter a card for the Sugar Bowl challenge. Lets hope it doesn't take me another month to get that sorted!!

Thanks for looking,
Andrea


















No comments: