Saturday 26 November 2011

Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge - Borders & Flowers

Ooooooh yippedy-yip for the weekend. How I love it so :~) Especially as we have another fab challenge at Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge. This week it's lovely Janet's turn to chose or theme. She has gone for

BORDERS & FLOWERS


I had to take a break from Xmas cards this week as it's my gorgeous sister's birthday next week & I'd been saving this SCACD image for her, as it's almost as beautiful as she is. She's coloured with Distress Inks & the papers are one of my faves, Memory Box - Gossamer. The border die is a Doo Hickey & the flower is by Spellbinders.

I kept this relatively simple as I think she's such an elegant image I did not want to detract from her too much. With that in mind, the flower is perhaps, a little big. Too late now though. My layout is based on the fab sketch at Quixotic Paperie this month.

At Bearly Mine the challenge is 'My Favourite Things'. As I got this image with my sister in mind as it reminds me of her elegance, I am using her as 'my favourite thing'. As I said, the papers are amongst my faves too.

So I hope you'll now hop on over to the Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge blog to see the fantastic inspiration of my fellow D-Teamies. It's also the last challenge of the month so also therefore your last chance of entering & being in with a chance of winning a fab prize of 5 gorgeous digis from The Stamping Boutique.


So that's all from me for today. We're off visiting my Uncle in Leicester today. I haven't seen him for ages & he hasn't seen the boys for years. So it will be interesting to see what they make of each other. I've had to warn Jack that my Uncle is not into football at all. I'm not sure Jack will know of anything else to talk about. He's such a football bore, LOL!!

I hope everyone has something fun to look forward to this weekend. Only 4 weeks till Xmas!! Thanks so much for looking.

Big Hugs,
Andie xx


21 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

Hi Andie, wow very shabby chic, and love the image and the gorgeous papers
Hugs Kate xx

Marianne said...

Stunningly elegant! I'm loving everything about it...great image, gorgeous papers and flower and fab colouring. I'm sure your sister will love it, too. Also like the sketch, so I'll head over to have a closer look. Maybe I can combine it with this week's SCS challenge.

Sarah-Jane said...

Super card. Very pretty. I love the papers.
Sarah-Jane. xx

Franz♥ said...

Hi Andie! Love your card, this lady is very cute and elegant!

Hugs, Franz.

Christina said...

That is a really stunning card Andie!!
Hugs Kristel

Tamara Morton said...

Hi Annie, happy birthday to your sister and what a gorgeous card she will be receiving. Love that image and the colours and colouring are fabbie too!
Hugs
Tamara

Curly said...

Wow Andie she is gorgeous I love the image and your colouring as always is absolutely amazing,
Have a lovely week,
Hugs Bridget :0) x

Helen said...

Beautiful card Andie - so pretty!
Helen x

custom shirts said...

How wonderfully you arranged that lining ribbon. this is really gorgeous work, Background of your card is awesome and looks very pretty.

Cards By MI said...

Such stunning card Andie. Love it to bits and so will your sister. You know I love your cards. Fabby! Thanks for playing with us over at BMC this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

sweetpea said...

I love you take on my choice for the challenge
Jan :)x

Alina said...

I love everything about your card, Andie!
thank you for joining us at Quixotic Paperie!
hugs, Alina

mp4 editor said...

This blog is very nice...Wow awesome Andy love picture and coloring your as always amazing. I like it.

Kim Dellow said...

So pretty. Thanks for joining the Quixotic Paperie Sketch challenge this month. Kim

Sandie said...

Love how sweet, pink and girly this is. Great take on the sketch too. Thanks for joining us at Quixotic Paperie and good luck. xx

scooters for kids said...

Given all replies are great. Every information are very useful and interesting. Thanks for sharing best information with us.

remote control car said...

I love everything about your card, Every thing looking awesome. I attract by that. Every thing looking so awesome.

Beatrice Dalton said...

This is very nice card. In above lady is looking lovely. This is a great challenge for everyone. I impressed by that. I always visited your blog site. Thanks for sharing with us.

Cheap windows 7 said...

This looks awesome! I love this creation. The image & papers are fabulous. It's a great idea. Hope you're having a good week.

web design east kilbride said...

This pink card id looking so lovely and one of the unique. These beautiful lady looks very adorable who are playing with flower. I will try to make it.

purchase upc codes said...

This is one of the my favorite card. The lady is looking perfect in this card and flower is mind blowing. It is easy to make so i will try to making.